The summer is here in Northwestern Iceland and visitors are increasing in our area and around seal colonies. We remind you of being careful around the seals and make sure not to disturb them.
It´s good to keep the following in mind:
Be mindful: The seals are in their natural habitat and we are observers.
Protect the seals from disturbance during seal watching:
- Move gently, keep your voice down- never throw objects
- Keep respectful distance (70-100m)- never touch
- Never approach a sole pup- the female is nearby
- Move away if seals show signs of disturbance- head-up/vigilance or fleeing
- Drones scare the seals. No drones, please.