The center’s long term goals are to:
- Promote the development of tourism in the region, for example by encouraging research.
- Inform people seal watching on Vatnsnes peninsula to encourage responsible behavior.
- Collect items and source material connected to sealery, seal products and seal related farming.
- Develop an environmental policy.
- Contribute to the development of sustainable seal watching locations on Vatnsnes peninsula in cooperation with the local tourism board and the NORCE (Northern Costal Experience) program.
- Contribute to sustainable development of wildlife tourism internationally, for example by managing and participation in The Wild North.
- Contribute to the development of local crafts.